Semester or Full-year
Nomination and Application deadline
|Admission period||September 2023
*for coordinators only
|Graduate||Jan 12 - Feb15, 2023||July 11 - Aug31, 2023|
|Undergraduate||Jan 12 - Mar 15, 2023||July 11 - Sep30, 2023|
|Online application period
*for nominated students
|Graduate||Mar 1-15, 2023||Sep15 - 30, 2023|
|Undergraduate||Apr 1-15, 2023||Oct15- 31, 2023|
Application for the September (fall) 2023 Enrollment (updated January 12, 2023)
For general information about Chuo University Student Exchange Program, please download the following document.
(1) General information on Study Exchange Program
For students who are interested in spending part of their degree program at Chuo, please read carefully following information.
- Fact Sheet for Chuo Student Exchange Program (Inbound) September (fall) AY2023 enrollment (updated January 12, 2023) （893KB）
- List of Chuo Student Exchange Partners （as of January 2023)（164KB）
- Academic Calendar 2023（79KB）
Chuo International Center will provide the link of online nomination form to the exchange coordinator of each partner university. The exchange coordinator will nominate their students through the online system during the designated period.
1．Chuo International Center will provide the information on application procedures, a link to online application site to the nominated students a few days before the application period starts.
2. The nominated students are required to finish their application procedure before the application deadline. The application period is limited, we recommend nominated students to prepare application materials before the application period starts.
Notes: Please note that late application can not be considered.
Application procedure will be completed online, no hard copies (printed materials) needed.
The required documents and forms are as follows, please refer the application guide（479KB） before you prepare the application documents.
- [A] ID Photo
- [B] Passport Copy (ID page)
- [C1] Study Plan for Undergraduate Program（21KB）
- [C2] Study Plan for Graduate Program（30KB）
- [D] Certificate of Enrollment
- [E] Academic Transcript
- [F] Certificate of JPN language proficiency（50KB）
- [G] Pledge（256KB）
- [H] Academic Reference (Graduate Program only)（35KB）
- [I] Certificate(s) of Undergraduate Degrees *for Graduate Program Only
- [J] Declaration and Certification of Finances (for visa application)（40KB）
- [K] Financial Statement Verification *Supporting documents of [J] (Ex. Certificate of Bank Balances, Scholarship statement etc.)
- [L] Certificate of Health（580KB）
Please be aware that some of above documents should be signed by particular persons, therefore, it may take some time. Applicants are recommended to prepare all the documents before the online application period.
(4) Courses and Language Requirement
Please note that most of the courses are taught in Japanese at Chuo University. There are at present no specific requirements for Japanese language proficiency for exchange students, however, we suggest JLPT N3 would be fine for academic interact with Japanese students. We offer some courses taught in English and other foreign languages within the Faculty of Law, Letters, Economics, Policy Studies and Global Management, shown in the list below. (Please note that the Faculty of Commerce, Science and Engineering and Global Informatics does not offer English taught courses. So, student who apply for these faculties are reuiqired to submit JLPT N2 certificate).
＜Courses offered in English＞
Please note that the courses for the academic year 2023 will be provided at the early April 2023.
You could refer to our Syllabus for degree students which are mostly offered in Japanese at our Japanese web page. Basically, exchange students are able to take these courses, too. However, there are some exceptions.